Obesity is quite common problem for an increasing number of people all over the world.
Lap band surgery is one of solutions to resolve this problem. This solution restricts the body’s intake of food & sometimes it has ability to absorb nutrients.
During this surgery, an adaptable band is basically inserted into the stomach, separating it into two sections such as upper and lower.
Then upper section will act as a pouch, it restricts the amount of food you intake.
Unlike other weight loss surgery forms, it is reversible but it has certain disadvantages that you should know before having this option.
What Are The Disadvantages?
- As compared to other weight loss surgery options it has less ability to reduce weight and has more complications.
- It restructures the stomach & restricts the amount of food you eat as well as make your body to absorb less nutrient value.
- On average this surgery allows you to reduce 40 percent excess of weight.
- It also alters your diet due to insertion of the band into stomach such as popcorn, nuts, corn, pineapple, rhubarb, & other chunky food.
- During lap band surgery there can be complications. After the surgery, vomiting and nausea, bleeding or infection can happen.
- You must adhere to exercise plan and strict healthy diet after having surgery. In some cases lap band patients might experience side effects and pain if they do not follow the apt diet plan or eat wrong type food.
- Leakage in the stomach lap band balloon can cause severe pain. And there might be chances of injury to intestine and other body organs during the surgery.
These are some downsides of the lap band surgery that will help you to take decision, no doubt every procedure has it’s own pros and cons.